Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Montmartre, Sacre coeur, le Jardin des plantes

 








  


Taking advantage of the weather, after ropping off my bags, I roamed around the neighbourhood and found La Mosquée de Paris. Malheureusement, elle ne prend pas des visites les vendredis, so I wandered off and found myself in Le Jardin des Plantes

There, I visited a beautifully constructed greenhouse, which had an interesting cave in the back half that you could mount through two sets of stairs. This feature really allowed you to appreciate the taller trees in the facility, and it was also the venue for a small art installation of zines. 

When I did get to Montmartre and to Sacre Coeur, by chance, I found myself à la Fête des Vendanges. The wine festival flooded Montmartre with people and I regret not having been able to enjoy the area more quietly, but I did find the most delicious fromage and baguette sandwich!  

Ce qu'il m'a ennervée le plus, et comment il y a eu des gens à Montmartre en vendant des trucs pour les touristes---et alors, avec ça je n'ai aucune problème; tous va gagner leur vie d'une manière ou une autre, donc ça va, mais, j'ai eu la malchance d'avoir rencontré quelqu'un vraiment aggressif et il m'a aggrippée si fermement en essayant de me montrer ses trucs. Quel crétin! C'était absolument dégoûtant!
To translate (sort of), what was truly annoying about Montmartre when I was there, were the people selling souvenirs haunting the area. While their presence in the park and their commerce doesn't bother me, I had the misfortune of running into an aggressive man selling bracelets and he took hold of my wrist really tightly and just wouldn't let go. I was so disgusted! What an ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment