Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mouans-Sartoux et l'art concret


Ce dimanche paseé, j'ai eu la chance d'avoir visité Mouans-Sartoux, une petite ville dans la campagne entre Cannes et Grasse. Par là, il y a une belle musée qui montre que les ouevres d'art concret...





It's very curious to me that a museum specializing in exhibitions of aconcrete art would be found in the French countryside. It's a difficult genre of work because it is not an art form most people have encountered.



It's technical, non-representational, consisting exclusively of lines and colours, void of symbolism and narrative, something most people would dismiss as lacking in soul and/or talent, as is evident in the visitor comments. I don't believe I truly understand l'art concret, but I did enjoy the exhibit and the one next door on collages (should have totally gotten the catalogue! Gr! And yes, I take just as long to shop in France as I do in Canada)






No comments:

Post a Comment