Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Nikaïa


And here, I'm looking out from the beginnings of Nice, or the historial Nikaïa.



These photos were taken on a guided tour of Nice's history, dans la vieille ville, which reminded me of my brief time inVenice and its twisting streets and dense urban planning. 





That there's the sign for Chez Acchiardo---a great restaurant in old Nice. It has a welcoming ambience and the servers are delightful---not at all snobby like another I had the misfortune of running into elsewhere. While waiting for our table, a local started to chat us up too (even their patrons are nice!) and told us this was the place to be for authentic Niçois cooking and though I didn't eat out too much, this was definitely a cozy corner and their panisse and gnocchi was mighty tastey!




Looking back, I wished I had wandered more outisde of museums and galleries---though they were hard to pass up with free admission. Nonetheless, I played it safer than usual while in Nice, trying, in part, to be responsible and in part, perhaps subconciously, to give myself an excuse to return. Though, how could anyone not?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment